Livescience.com listed out the following ten future technologies that are potential to change the living.
- The Hydrogen Economy: Expected to replace oil economy.
- Therapeutic Cloning: Cancerous or damaged organs could be replaced by new, disease-free clones of themselves.
- Computing Power: Moore’s law still holds good and expected to be valid for some more time.
- Desktop 3-D Printing: When your favorite gadget of the future breaks, you might select a replacement model online, download its design file and make a true 3-D replacement on your home printer.
- Location-Based Computing: Location based services will evolve that could bridge real and virtual worlds seamlessly.
- Better, Cheaper Solar Cells: The cost of photo voltaic cells will come down drastically and solar power expected to wide spread in use in house hold usage, space and vehicles.
- Mobile Robots: Why drive to the deli to pick up your order when you can just send your robot car?
- Pervasive Wireless Internet: WiMAX, 3G, 4G, etc., all point to a pervasive wireless Internet, where being on-line everywhere, all the time, will be routine.
- Gene Therapy and Stem Cells: scientists are working to change the genes causing inherited diseases and trick defective cells into growing correctly.
- Digital Libraries: The time will come when any straightforward factual question can be answered immediately, online.
For more details on the technologies read livesciences.com